Sales Manager France
Paris based, full-time
Algrano is a Swiss tech and coffee startup that changes the global trade of coffee. We have set ourselves an ambitious goal: to revolutionise the centuries-old coffee trade industry and make it transparent and digital. Through the Algrano online platform, coffee growers promote and sell their coffees straight to roasters in Europe without worrying about the logistics. Awarded at our launch in 2015 as the best innovation by the European Coffee Industry Association, we currently count more than 1’000 growers and roasters from all over the world.
As a sales manager, you will promote the stories of technology affine specialty coffee growers to a young quality-affine generation of coffee roasters in France, Belgium and the French part of Switzerland. By building relationships between roasters and growers, you change the supply chain of coffee and ultimately the living conditions of the people producing it. You will be involved with product, marketing and coffee sourcing departments to provide the best solutions to your customers. We are looking for a mobile person who commits to frequent trips between our head-office, in Zurich, and your target markets. Your tasks will include:
- Develop and maintain territory plans which outline how sales targets will be met on an ongoing basis.
- Drive the entire sales cycle from initial customer engagement to closed sales.
- Interact with customers through phone calls, emails, trade shows and visits.
- Educate and support roasters how to use the Algrano platform.
- Maintain a high level of relevant domain knowledge in order to have meaningful conversations with prospects.
- Provide feedback to the management on market trends and opportunities to enhance the product and improve the company brand and reputation.
You love coffee. You are curious and naturally inquisitive. You enjoy learning and reading. You are outgoing and open-minded. Your friends appreciate you for your optimism and your empathy. Furthermore you are:
- Conscientious: you take your tasks seriously and feel deeply responsible for the results.
- Achievement-oriented: you are intrinsically motivated on achieving goals and continuously measure your performance in comparison to the goals.
- Persistent: You consider a No as another door opener.
Your experience, background and skills include:
- Language skills: You are a native speaker of French.
- Coffee: You have worked a minimum of 2 years in green coffee buying or grading or trading or roasting.
- Financial acumen: You are capable of developing a sales plan that produces effective results.
- Sales experience: You have a proven track record in sales.
- Mobile: You are ready to travel within Europe and sometimes to origin countries. You have a driving license.
How to apply
We don't believe in cover letters, instead we prepared a set of questions that will help us to get to know you better. Get ready with your CV, you will have to upload it in the last step of the application form.Apply now