Algrano is a Swiss tech and coffee startup that changes the global trade of coffee. We have set ourselves an ambitious goal: to revolutionize the centuries-old coffee trade industry and make it transparent and digital. Through the Algrano online platform, coffee growers promote and sell their coffees straight to roasters in Europe without worrying about the logistics. Awarded at our launch in 2015 as the best innovation by the European Coffee Industry Association, we currently count more than 1’000 growers and roasters from all over the world. Algrano is growing fast, currently, almost 20 employees from 11 nations are sharing the vision to become the key direct coffee trading platform.
As an accountant, you will manage all financial transactions, from bookkeeping and fixed payments to variable expenses and bank deposits. Accountant responsibilities include reconciling bank statements and calculating tax payments and returns.
This is a part-time position located in our head-office in Zurich, Switzerland. Your tasks will include:
- Bookkeeping of all accounting transactions with Abacus
- Tracking incoming payments and sending dunning notes
- Ensure timely payments to suppliers
- Support the preparation of monthly internal financial reports
- Support the preparation of the quarterly and annual financial statements for our board of directors and shareholders
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivables
- Support in the alignment between internal systems and accounting system
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns
- Compliance with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions
- Support in cash management
- You act as a contact person for accounting matters and you work in close cooperation with our head of finance and data
You love to work independently and to be precise. To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience with bookkeeping and a flair for spotting numerical mistakes.
Additionally, your strength includes:
- Independent, structured, exact and analytical working style
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast and changing environment
- IT affinity
Your experience, background and skills:
- Completed commercial (kaufmännisch) apprenticeship with further training in accounting
- You have 2+ years of work experience as an Accountant within a small-medium company or in an accounting fiduciary & consulting company dealing with small-medium enterprises
- Hands-on experience with accounting software like Abacus
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures: Swiss GAAP FER and IFRS
- Fluent in English and German
Bonus points for:
- Advanced education in accounting (federal certificate in finance and accounting)
Why work for Algrano
- You are part of a diverse team made of many cultural backgrounds and skills, united around a mission.
- For coworkers located in the Zürich office, we eat lunch together and, of course, drink frequent coffees together.
- We’re dedicated but know that you also have a life. That’s why we offer flexible working hours and 5 weeks of holidays.
- Our rapid growth generates opportunities for ambitious team members looking for new challenges and responsibilities