Algrano is a Swiss tech and coffee startup with the mission to enable and support sustainable and human relationships between coffee growers and roasters across the world with the help of intuitive technology, outstanding service, and expert knowledge. Through the Algrano online platform, coffee growers promote and sell their coffees straight to roasters in Europe without worrying about the logistics. Algrano is growing fast, currently, more than 20 employees from 12 nations are sharing the vision to build a balanced coffee supply chain for a prosperous coffee industry.
As an Intern in the Quality lab, you support the quality manager in performing her main tasks. You will collaborate closely with Veronika, our quality manager, and with the rest of the sourcing & operations team. You get a chance to explore the coffee industry and daily taste a large diversity of coffees from all over the world and develop your sensorial skills.
Your main tasks will include:
- Cupping organization: you support in the roasting of green coffee samples and the cupping preparation (weighing and grinding coffee, preparing the cupping table). You get a chance to shadow Veronika in the cupping sessions.
- Samples management: you support in the organization and management of the green coffee samples.
- Samples sending: you weigh and package green coffee samples to make them ready to be shipped to roasters.
- General support: you are responsible for the good organization in the lab and take over some administrative tasks.
You are a student or a young professional and you would like to explore the coffee industry during a period of at least 6 months.
Additionally, your strength and interest include:
- Passion for coffee or curiosity to learn about coffee
- High reliability
- High sense of responsibility
- Organizational talent
- Pay attention to detail / precise working methods
- Team player
Your experience, background, and skills:
- basic experience in administrative tasks
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
- You are eligible for a working visa in Switzerland
Bonus points for:
- First experiences in the coffee industry
Why do an internship at Algrano?
- Learn about the specialty coffee industry in general and the operational part of the coffee supply chain in particular.
- Experience working in a growing technology startup company.
- As a talented intern, you get the chance to seize new job opportunities generated by the company’s fast growth.
- You are part of a diverse team made of many cultural backgrounds and skills, united around a mission.
- We have a strong company culture: For coworkers located in the Zürich office, we eat lunch together and, of course, drink frequent coffee, we organise cultural lunches, afterworks, and company events/retreats.
- You have unlimited access to the world’s best coffees in the office.
- It is a paid internship.