Algrano is a Swiss tech and coffee startup that changes the global trade of coffee. We have set ourselves an ambitious goal: to revolutionise the centuries old coffee trade industry and make it transparent and digital. Through the algrano online platform, coffee growers promote and sell their coffees straight to roasters in Europe without worrying about the logistics. Awarded at our launch in 2015 as the best innovation by the European Coffee Industry Association, we currently count more than 1’000 growers and roasters from all over the world. Backed by a strong investors' network our vision is to become the key direct coffee trading platform.
As a sales manager, you will be in touch with producers and cooperatives, and promote their stories to a young quality-affine generation of coffee roasters in Eastern European countries. By building those relationships you change the supply chain of coffee and ultimately the living conditions of the people producing it. You will be part of a sales and marketing team of 7 people, and be involved with product, and coffee sourcing departments to provide the best solutions to your customers. This is a full-time position requiring frequent trips between our head-office, in Zurich, and your target market. Your tasks will include:
- Develop and maintain territory plans which outline how sales targets will be met on an ongoing basis.
- Drive the entire sales cycle from initial customer engagement to closed sales.
- Interact with customers through phone calls, emails, trade shows and visits.
- Maintain a high level of relevant domain knowledge in order to have meaningful conversations with prospects.
- Provide feedback to the management on market trends and opportunities to enhance the product and improve the company brand and reputation.
You love coffee. You are curious and naturally inquisitive. You enjoy learning and reading. You are outgoing and open-minded. Your friends appreciate you for your optimism and your empathy. Furthermore you are:
- Conscientious: you take your tasks seriously and feel deeply responsible for the results.
- Achievement oriented: you are intrinsically motivated on achieving goals and continuously measure your performance in comparison to the goals.
- Persistent: You consider a No as another door opener.
Your experience, background and skills include:
- Language skills: You are a native speaker of Slovakian, Czech, or Polish and proficient in English.
- Financial acumen: You are capable of developing a sales plan that produces effective results.
- Sales experience: You have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a sales role and a proven track record in sales.
- Mobile: You are ready to travel within Europe and sometimes to origin countries. You have a driving license.
Why work for algrano
- You will be part of a growing and talented team that is united around a mission.
- Our rapid growth generates opportunities for ambitious team members looking for new challenges and responsibilities.
- We are dedicated but offer flexible working hours, home office and 5 weeks of holidays.
- Amazing coffee for free, all day long.
- You will be part of a movement to change a centuries-old industry and empower coffee growers all over the world!