2 sales on Algrano
Aroma de Chirinos
- Origin: Peru
- Variety: Caturra, Pache, Mundo Novo
- Process type: Fully washed
- Available quantity: 550 bags est.
- Minimum order quantity (MOQ): 50 bags
- New crop samples are expected to be available by 27 May 2021
- Available for shipping from May, 2021 to Dec, 2021.
The coffee story
“"We haven’t faced times this challenging since the leaf rust outbreak, but this is different. The coronavirus instilled people with fear for their lives. The trust that the producers deposit on us is helping to make things easier. They know we are consistent and transparent and that we will go to them to avoid them having to dislocate.” - Deisy Arévolo, Commercial and Export Manager ”
[We promote sustainable economic and social development of coffee families]
It was 1968, when 36 coffee producers from the district of Chirinos in the Cajamarca Region, Perú, they decided
to create the Coffee Agrarian Cooperative La Prosperidad de Chirinos; today, 51 years later, is amazing to see that
our organization continue working to provide quality coffee to our customers, collaborating with them so that coffee
lovers can enjoy an excellent and delicious drink. 783 producers make up our organization and their great cooperative sense and their focus on work to obtain quality grain have allowed "La Prosperidad" de Chirinos to be
recognized as one of the most solid Cooperatives in Peru. Our Cooperative is located in the district of Chirinos, a coffee area known as the heart of quality coffee. The influence of the Cooperative also reaches the producers located in the districts of Coipa, Tabaconas and Huarango, districts belonging to the province of San Ignacio,
and in the Bellavista district of the Province of Jaén, all of these located in the Cajamarca Region.
Their coffee is friendly to the environment, being a purely organic production. Together, it has more than 2260 hectares in production and about 228 hectares in growth, projecting in 2019 to market more than
50,000 qq of green coffee. Coffee quality, quality of life, is what identifies the Cooperative, that is why we promote the sustainable economic and social development of coffee families, through investment in training focused on increasing productivity and coffee quality , financial education, food security, healthy housing, health care and the value of the family; being possible thanks also to the fact that we have the Fair Trade Premium.
CREATION: February 28, 1968
PRODUCERS: 783 Producers ( Women: 185) Youth: 141 (From 18 to 35 years old)
INFLUENCE ON THE DISTRICTS OF: Chirinos, La Coipa, Tabaconas, Huarango and Bellavista.
PRODUCING ZONES (SECTORAL BASES): Balcones, Cordillera Andina, Chirinos, La Lima, La Laguna, El Limón, Nuevo Paraiso , El Cruce, Sillarrume, Naranjos, Las Pirias, Pangoya, Pacaypite, La Capilla and Unión Las Vueltas
CERTIFICATIONS: NOP, EU, JAS, Fairtrade, Rainforest Alliance, UTZ, Bird Friendly
HARVEST TIME: April - October
ALTITUDE OF PRODUCER ZONES: From 1100-1950 m.s.n.m
HECTARES IN PRODUCTION: More than 2260 Ha.
VARIETIES: Caturra, Pache, Mundo Novo, Bourbon, Typica, Catuai, Catimor
• We provide permanent technical advice to our coffee producing partners, considering that the quality of the cup comes from the care of the soil where the grains are grown and taking great care in the whole process of harvesting and post-harvesting.
• We promote the strengthening of varieties that adapt to the area and with high potential in the cup.
• We monitor the traceability of coffee from the farm, thus allowing us to build trust in our customers.
April, 2021 - October, 2021
Coffee Quality Evaluation
|Key flavor notes||
Grower (Pending)Apricot, White tea, Pip fruit, Green tea, Juicy
Once the ordering period ends we will consolidate all coffees in a shared container. During transport, your coffee is fully insured. We will keep you informed about the shipment status.
Upon arrival of the coffee at the warehouse, you can choose between 2 delivery modes:
- Doorstep delivery: We will take care of transport to your roastery. We will provide your coffee fully insured until it is ready for unloading from the truck at your roastery.
- EXW (ex. warehouse) means that we will provide the coffee ready for pick-up at the terminal of the warehouse. You are responsible for organising transport and insurance from the warehouse to your roastery.
Currently, we can deliver coffee anywhere in Europe, except Hungary. For all European buyers, the coffee will be provided custom cleared in any case. Roasters in Switzerland choosing EXW will be responsible for customs clearance.
When calculating price, you can select your preferred currency: USD, CHF, EUR, or GBP.
2 payment methods are accepted on Algrano:
1. Buy now, pay later
Pay your coffee after its delivered in Europe. This option generates an additional fee, displayed in the shopping cart.
3. Pay 10 days after placing the order
We will send you a 10 day invoice straight after you placed your order.