APROCASSI - La Estrella
- Origin: Peru
- Variety: catimor, pache, Mundo Novo
- Process type: Fully washed
- Available quantity: 275 bags est.
- Minimum order quantity (MOQ): 50 bags
- New crop samples are expected to be available by 13 May 2021
- Available for shipping from May, 2021 to Dec, 2021.
The coffee story
a pH around 5.5. Also, we have an adequate climate, which allows us to express the maximum potential of our varieties such as Typica, Bourbon, Mundo Novo, Catuai, Caturra Rojo and Amarillo, the latter being one of the most loved and cared for by our producers.
Aprocassis history goes back to 1997, when San Ignacio families were in conflict with a Canadian mining multinational called Sulliden Mining Capital. The company had been granted a concession to install machinery to extract gold and silver in an area of 8.000 hectares, encompassing 24 villages surrounding the Huaquillas mountain. The activity would have a massive impact on the ecosystem and local farms.
Back then, a chemical accident attracted a lot of attention and opposition to Sulliden. This opposition was backed by the Catholic church and farmers alike, who envisioned a more sustainable and environmentally friendly future for themselves. With this in mind, reverend Humberto Tapia Días, a parish priest, created an association to provide a sustainable alternative for the area's economy based on organic agriculture. Aprocassi was born in March 2000 and became a cooperative later in 2010. After many protests, Sulliden abandoned the project and left.
La Estrella takes its name from a lagoon in the area that has a shape of a star.
Handpicked and sorted.
1800m - 1800m
May, 2021 - October, 2021
Coffee Quality Evaluation
|Key flavor notes||
Once the ordering period ends we will consolidate all coffees in a shared container. During transport, your coffee is fully insured. We will keep you informed about the shipment status.
Upon arrival of the coffee at the warehouse, you can choose between 2 delivery modes:
- Doorstep delivery: We will take care of transport to your roastery. We will provide your coffee fully insured until it is ready for unloading from the truck at your roastery.
- EXW (ex. warehouse) means that we will provide the coffee ready for pick-up at the terminal of the warehouse. You are responsible for organising transport and insurance from the warehouse to your roastery.
Currently, we can deliver coffee anywhere in Europe, except Hungary. For all European buyers, the coffee will be provided custom cleared in any case. Roasters in Switzerland choosing EXW will be responsible for customs clearance.
When calculating price, you can select your preferred currency: USD, CHF, EUR, or GBP.
2 payment methods are accepted on Algrano:
1. Buy now, pay later
Pay your coffee after its delivered in Europe. This option generates an additional fee, displayed in the shopping cart.
3. Pay 10 days after placing the order
We will send you a 10 day invoice straight after you placed your order.