- Origin: Honduras
- Variety: lempira, Yellow Catuai, Red Catuai, Bourbon rojo
- Process type: Fully washed
- Grower's cupping score (SCA): 86.0 points
- Available quantity: 30 bags
- Minimum order quantity (MOQ): 3 bags
- New crop samples are expected to be available by 20 Apr 2022
- Available for shipping from Jun, 2021 to Jul, 2022.
- Order now, pay later
The coffee story
Coffee in its cherry is left 48 hours resting in the bags before being depulped without water. After 18 hours of fermentation coffee is washed and taken to the solar dryer where after an average of 14 days it is ready to store.
1650m - 2500m
January, 2022 - April, 2022
Average yearly production in bags
Coffee Quality Evaluation
|Key flavor notes||
In my career I have developed a background in social ethical financing of sustainable agriculture producer organisations, specifically with Fair Trad and Organic coffee organisations in Latin America. In 2012 I decided to begin my own coffee farm at a 1.650 m altitude with high quality coffee varieties: Catuai, Bourbon & Parainema. I decided to put into practice what I learned in specialty coffee, experimenting on the selection of varieties but also on the techniques in fertilizing, pruning, shadow management and harvesting. With the coffee collected I conduct different processes: washed, honey, natural and anaerobic fermentation. I also put a lot of effort in the social impact of my farm by sharing the income of my farm with my workers, providing them training on coffee farm management, taking them to learn from other experiences and helping their children with grants to follow up the studies. I hope you like the result of all the team work and positive energy behind GAIA farm.
Relationships with Roasters in
Switzerland and United Kingdom
Average orders per roaster
Once the ordering period ends we will consolidate all coffees in a shared container. During transport, your coffee is fully insured. We will keep you informed about the shipment status.
Upon arrival of the coffee at the warehouse, you can choose between 2 delivery modes:
- Doorstep delivery: We will take care of transport to your roastery. We will provide your coffee fully insured until it is ready for unloading from the truck at your roastery.
- EXW (ex. warehouse) means that we will provide the coffee ready for pick-up at the terminal of the warehouse. You are responsible for organising transport and insurance from the warehouse to your roastery.
Currently, we can deliver coffee anywhere in Europe, except Hungary. For all European buyers, the coffee will be provided custom cleared in any case. Roasters in Switzerland choosing EXW will be responsible for customs clearance.
When calculating price, you can select your preferred currency: USD, CHF, EUR, or GBP.
2 payment methods are accepted on Algrano:
1. Buy now, pay later
Pay your coffee after its delivered in Europe. This option generates an additional fee, displayed in the shopping cart.
3. Pay 10 days after placing the order
We will send you a 10 day invoice straight after you placed your order.