Centroamericano Red Honey SHB
- Origin: Costa Rica
- Variety: centroamericano
- Process type: Semi-Washed
- Algrano's cupping score (SCA): 84.75 points
- Available quantity: 2 bags
- Minimum order quantity (MOQ): 1 bag
- Available for shipping from Apr, 2021 to Jul, 2021.
- ETA Bremen, Germany: September 2021
- Order now, pay later
- 27 days left to place your order
The coffee story
Picked at optimal maturity, cherries are floated, then de-pulped in a traditional chancador, and no mucilage is removed. The first two days of drying happen in the ceramic floor of our solar dryer, then the coffee is moved up to raised beds, and slow-dried fo 12 days. Coffee is stored in parchment inside GrainPro bags for two months before preparation & export.
1270m - 1400m
September, 2020 - February, 2021
Coffee Quality Evaluation
Cupped: April, 2021
|Key flavor notes||
AlgranoDried fruit, Cherry, Stone fruit, Plum, Violet
Grower (Pending)Peach, Cane sugar, Orange blossom, Caramel, Vanilla
AlgranoIntense, with notes of stone fruit and some florals, with medium citric acidity and full body.
Welcome to our beloved Aquiares, which is both coffee farm, and coffee community. We have been around since 1890, but in the past three decades we've experienced a socio-economical revolution, with the creation of a unique partnership: the Community (made up of 2,000 people, only 15% employed by the farm) and Cafetalera Aquiares (grower-miller-exporter), our company. We are currently experimenting with a 25 Varietal Garden, and offering micro-lots from Honey, Natural & Anaerobic processes. Our Fully Washed Estate SHB is a premium selection for a bright, lively espresso blend. Feel free to ask for a sample to try it out in person! We are a family business seeking to establish partnerships, not mere business deals. Our vision is long-term and we look for this in our coffee partners. Diego Alfonso Robelo - CEO Aquiares, Turrialba, Costa Rica
Relationships with Roasters in
Switzerland, United Kingdom, and Ireland
Average orders per roaster
Once the ordering period ends we will consolidate all coffees in a shared container. During transport, your coffee is fully insured. We will keep you informed about the shipment status.
Upon arrival of the coffee at the warehouse, you can choose between 2 delivery modes:
- Doorstep delivery: We will take care of transport to your roastery. We will provide your coffee fully insured until it is ready for unloading from the truck at your roastery.
- EXW (ex. warehouse) means that we will provide the coffee ready for pick-up at the terminal of the warehouse. You are responsible for organising transport and insurance from the warehouse to your roastery.
Currently, we can deliver coffee anywhere in Europe, except Hungary. For all European buyers, the coffee will be provided custom cleared in any case. Roasters in Switzerland choosing EXW will be responsible for customs clearance.
When calculating price, you can select your preferred currency: USD, CHF, EUR, or GBP.
2 payment methods are accepted on Algrano:
1. Buy now, pay later
Pay your coffee after its delivered in Europe. This option generates an additional fee, displayed in the shopping cart.
3. Pay 10 days after placing the order
We will send you a 10 day invoice straight after you placed your order.