Juan Lopez - Natural
- Origin: Costa Rica
- Variety: Caturra, Catuai
- Process type: Natural/Sun Dried
- Algrano's cupping score (SCA): 87.0 points
- Available quantity: 9 bags
- Minimum order quantity (MOQ): 1 bag
- Available for shipping from Jan, 2021 to Jul, 2021.
- ETA Bremen, Germany: July 2021
- Order now, pay later
- 59 days left to place your order
The coffee story
Estate: Juan Lopez
Location: Perez Zeledon, San José
Average Altitude: 1400 to 1700 meters above sea level
Topography: mountainous, hilly
Soil Type: volcanic
Harvest Method: Hand Picking
Natural process, solar drying
1400m - 1700m
November, 2020 - February, 2021
Coffee Quality Evaluation
Cupped: February, 2021
|Key flavor notes||
AlgranoRaspberry, Tropical fruit, Rummy, Floral, Red ripe fruit, Candy-like
Grower (Pending)Fruity, High sweetness
AlgranoLot of rummy notes, tropical fruit and dried mango in the nose. Sparkling, with malic, medium acidity and velvety body. Very well balanced with lingering aftertaste.
Grower (Pending)Characterised by fruity fragrances and flavour, round body with a fine acidity, aftertaste pleasant to the palate.
Café Don Claudio is a coffee that comes from around Chirripó Mountain, which is the highest in all Central America.
Relationships with Roasters in
Switzerland, Czechia, Germany, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Slovakia, and Taiwan
Average orders per roaster
Once the ordering period ends we will consolidate all coffees in a shared container. During transport, your coffee is fully insured. We will keep you informed about the shipment status.
Upon arrival of the coffee at the warehouse, you can choose between 2 delivery modes:
- Doorstep delivery: We will take care of transport to your roastery. We will provide your coffee fully insured until it is ready for unloading from the truck at your roastery.
- EXW (ex. warehouse) means that we will provide the coffee ready for pick-up at the terminal of the warehouse. You are responsible for organising transport and insurance from the warehouse to your roastery.
Currently, we can deliver coffee anywhere in Europe, except Hungary. For all European buyers, the coffee will be provided custom cleared in any case. Roasters in Switzerland choosing EXW will be responsible for customs clearance.
When calculating price, you can select your preferred currency: USD, CHF, EUR, or GBP.
2 payment methods are accepted on Algrano:
1. Buy now, pay later
Pay your coffee after its delivered in Europe. This option generates an additional fee, displayed in the shopping cart.
3. Pay 10 days after placing the order
We will send you a 10 day invoice straight after you placed your order.