Don Claudio Natural
- Origin: Costa Rica
- Variety: Caturra, Catuai
- Process type: Natural/Sun Dried
- Algrano's cupping score (SCA): 87.25 points
- Available quantity: 38 bags
- Minimum order quantity (MOQ): 1 bag
- New crop samples are expected to be available by 03 Mar 2021
- Available for shipping from Apr, 2021 to Jul, 2021.
- ETA Bremen, Germany: July 2021
- Order now, pay later
- 59 days left to place your order
The coffee story
Average Altitude: 1400 to 2100 meters above sea level
Topography: mountainous, hilly
Soil Type: volcanic
Particularities: Young coffee plantations between 3 and 5 years of active production, specially separated from the field where it is marked and transported separately to the processing plant.
The name of this coffee was given in the honour of Don Claudio, the first president of the CoopeAgri project. He was concerned about the situation of growers in the 1950s and 1960s. While everyone was looking for their own benefit, it was Don Claudio who sought to create a sense of unity and find solutions to economical problems. This year the special Don Claudio coffee produced by CoopeAgri participated in the Cup of Excellence contest, having passed the first stage.
Solar drying with the fruit pulp and stored in GrainPro bags which guarantees and enhances its sweet and fruity flavours until roasting.
1400m - 2100m
December, 2020 - February, 2021
Coffee Quality Evaluation
Cupped: February, 2021
|Key flavor notes||
AlgranoRaspberry, Candy-like, Greek yogurt, Tropical fruit, Cherry, Plum, Greenish
Grower (Pending)Fruity, Lemon
AlgranoVery lactic, plummy and tropical already in the nose which very much translated into the cup itself, sparkling and refreshing, with medium lactic acidity and velvety body, well balanced and very sweet.
Grower (Pending)It is a coffee characterised by its fruity aroma and flavour, round body with a fine acidity and a pleasant aftertaste.
Café Don Claudio is a coffee that comes from around Chirripó Mountain, which is the highest in all Central America.
Relationships with Roasters in
Switzerland, Czechia, Germany, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Slovakia, and Taiwan
Average orders per roaster
Once the ordering period ends we will consolidate all coffees in a shared container. During transport, your coffee is fully insured. We will keep you informed about the shipment status.
Upon arrival of the coffee at the warehouse, you can choose between 2 delivery modes:
- Doorstep delivery: We will take care of transport to your roastery. We will provide your coffee fully insured until it is ready for unloading from the truck at your roastery.
- EXW (ex. warehouse) means that we will provide the coffee ready for pick-up at the terminal of the warehouse. You are responsible for organising transport and insurance from the warehouse to your roastery.
Currently, we can deliver coffee anywhere in Europe, except Hungary. For all European buyers, the coffee will be provided custom cleared in any case. Roasters in Switzerland choosing EXW will be responsible for customs clearance.
When calculating price, you can select your preferred currency: USD, CHF, EUR, or GBP.
2 payment methods are accepted on Algrano:
1. Buy now, pay later
Pay your coffee after its delivered in Europe. This option generates an additional fee, displayed in the shopping cart.
3. Pay 10 days after placing the order
We will send you a 10 day invoice straight after you placed your order.