- Origin: Costa Rica
- Variety: Catuaí rojo, Caturra, Yellow Catuai
- Process type: Natural/Sun Dried
- Algrano's cupping score (SCA): 86.75 points
- Available quantity: 2 bags
- Minimum order quantity (MOQ): 2 bags
- Available for shipping from Apr, 2021 to Jul, 2021.
- ETA Bremen, Germany: September 2021
- Order now, pay later
- 27 days left to place your order
The coffee story
Handpicked coffee, only ripe cherries selected 1 day of fermentation and 22 days of sun-drying on African beds.
1300m - 1400m
December, 2020 - February, 2021
Coffee Quality Evaluation
Cupped: April, 2021
Martin Padilla Monge (Grower)
Cupped: April, 2021
Martin Padilla Monge (Grower)88.5
|Key flavor notes||
AlgranoRaspberry, Strawberry, Rummy, Banana, Fruit cake
Martin Padilla Monge (Grower)Red grape, Plum, Molasses, Full-bodied
AlgranoNice and sweet with lingering fruity finish, medium lactic acidity and syrupy body. Intense and well balanced.
Martin Padilla Monge (Grower)-
Coopelibertad R.L. was born in 1961, in one of the most significant moments for cooperativism in Costa Rica and it came to represent a solution for coffee producers in the Heredia area to obtain better results from their agricultural work. Since the foundation, the Cooperative has worked shoulder to shoulder with its associates, in the search for the common good, and thus to support the improvement of its economic and social situation; through the cultivation of coffee. In a large number of farms distributed through the Cental Valley, the cooperative associates are concerned about taking care of the coffee plants. Mainly cultivated with varieties such as Caturra and Catuaí, each farmer applies sustainable techniques that will benefit their productivity and cup quality. From September until March, the cherry is collected from the farms and then is taken to the mill. The coffee fruit goes through each of the operational steps constantly monitored by strictly quality controls.
Relationships with Roasters in
Denmark and United Kingdom
Average orders per roaster
Once the ordering period ends we will consolidate all coffees in a shared container. During transport, your coffee is fully insured. We will keep you informed about the shipment status.
Upon arrival of the coffee at the warehouse, you can choose between 2 delivery modes:
- Doorstep delivery: We will take care of transport to your roastery. We will provide your coffee fully insured until it is ready for unloading from the truck at your roastery.
- EXW (ex. warehouse) means that we will provide the coffee ready for pick-up at the terminal of the warehouse. You are responsible for organising transport and insurance from the warehouse to your roastery.
Currently, we can deliver coffee anywhere in Europe, except Hungary. For all European buyers, the coffee will be provided custom cleared in any case. Roasters in Switzerland choosing EXW will be responsible for customs clearance.
When calculating price, you can select your preferred currency: USD, CHF, EUR, or GBP.
2 payment methods are accepted on Algrano:
1. Buy now, pay later
Pay your coffee after its delivered in Europe. This option generates an additional fee, displayed in the shopping cart.
3. Pay 10 days after placing the order
We will send you a 10 day invoice straight after you placed your order.