TZ-12-201910 Oro Yeast Controlled Fermentation
- Origin: Tanzania
- Variety: Kent, Bourbon
- Process type: Semi-Washed
- Grower's cupping score (SCA): 84.0 points
last updated on 2021-02-12
Coffee Quality Evaluation
Cupped: November, 2019
|Key flavor notes||
Grower (Pending)This a wet fermented nano-lot: the pulped coffee is submerged into clean water during for the period of maceration. For this experiment, we chose a yeast called Oro (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) from Lalcafé, selected to optimize the wet process and improve consistency in the cup. Despite its mellow acidity when hot, this coffee develops a sweeter tangerine acidity when cooling down. It's also juicy with dark chocolate notes and a medium body. Due to its freshness, the sample might present notes of green tea and some dryness. These flavours will fade as the green coffee rests. We have cupped this coffee 3 times so far in different stages of harvest and as both type and fully processed samples. It can be strange and puzzling (in a nice way) because the flavours are constantly developing. It's like watching a child grow...
Once the ordering period ends we will consolidate all coffees in a shared container. During transport, your coffee is fully insured. We will keep you informed about the shipment status.
Upon arrival of the coffee at the warehouse, you can choose between 2 delivery modes:
- Doorstep delivery: We will take care of transport to your roastery. We will provide your coffee fully insured until it is ready for unloading from the truck at your roastery.
- EXW (ex. warehouse) means that we will provide the coffee ready for pick-up at the terminal of the warehouse. You are responsible for organising transport and insurance from the warehouse to your roastery.
Currently, we can deliver coffee anywhere in Europe, except Hungary. For all European buyers, the coffee will be provided custom cleared in any case. Roasters in Switzerland choosing EXW will be responsible for customs clearance.
When calculating price, you can select your preferred currency: USD, CHF, EUR, or GBP.
2 payment methods are accepted on Algrano:
1. Buy now, pay later
Pay your coffee after its delivered in Europe. This option generates an additional fee, displayed in the shopping cart.
3. Pay 10 days after placing the order
We will send you a 10 day invoice straight after you placed your order.