- Origin: Mexico
- Variety: typica, bourbon
- Process type: Fully washed
- Algrano's cupping score (SCA): 84.0 points
- Available quantity: 80 bags
- Minimum order quantity (MOQ): 1 bag
- Available for shipping from Jun, 2021 to Jun, 2021.
- ETA Bremen, Germany: September 2021
- Order now, pay later
- 32 days left to place your order
The coffee story
Back in 2017 the Ensambles team started advising on cherry selection, post-harvest improvements and implemented lot separation to assess each producer's quality.
The first year, 140 kgs passed the SCA 84 mark. Today, after 4 years working together, 7,000kgs are passing this score mark.
The altitude, varietals combined with improved post-harvest practises make of Xochiltepec a beautiful, reliable and repeatable sweet and clean cup.
Careful selection of cherries, floating, 24-48h dry fermentation and sun drying with initial experiment on raised beds.
1700m - 1800m
January, 2021 - April, 2021
Coffee Quality Evaluation
Cupped: May, 2021
Cupped: April, 2021
|Key flavor notes||
AlgranoMilk chocolate, Honey, Vanilla, Almond, Molasses
Grower (Pending)Almond, Caramel, Floral Camomille
AlgranoSweet and pleasant, with distinct notes of milk chocolate and roasted almonds, mild acidity and smooth body.
Grower (Pending)Those typicas cultivated at 1700-1800 masl provide a caramel, lingering sweetness with back note of camomille. Only the best cupping lots from the producers of the Xochiltepec community were selected to curate this lot.
Ensambles de Cafes Mexicanos, S.A. DE C.V.
Ensambles es una empresa procesadora y comercializadora de cafés mexicanos enfocada en la calidad (cafés especiales) y en el trato directo con compradores y productores. Damos acompañamiento a los productores de las diferentes regiones del país como por ejemplo Chiapas, Oaxaca y Veracruz, durante el ciclo de cosecha para mejorar sus procesos y obtener los mejores cafés, acopiamos, procesamos y comercializamos café verde y tostado para el mercado nacional e internacional.
Relationships with Roasters in
Switzerland, Denmark, France, United Kingdom, Norway, Slovakia, and Taiwan
Average orders per roaster
Once the ordering period ends we will consolidate all coffees in a shared container. During transport, your coffee is fully insured. We will keep you informed about the shipment status.
Upon arrival of the coffee at the warehouse, you can choose between 2 delivery modes:
- Doorstep delivery: We will take care of transport to your roastery. We will provide your coffee fully insured until it is ready for unloading from the truck at your roastery.
- EXW (ex. warehouse) means that we will provide the coffee ready for pick-up at the terminal of the warehouse. You are responsible for organising transport and insurance from the warehouse to your roastery.
Currently, we can deliver coffee anywhere in Europe, except Hungary. For all European buyers, the coffee will be provided custom cleared in any case. Roasters in Switzerland choosing EXW will be responsible for customs clearance.
When calculating price, you can select your preferred currency: USD, CHF, EUR, or GBP.
2 payment methods are accepted on Algrano:
1. Buy now, pay later
Pay your coffee after its delivered in Europe. This option generates an additional fee, displayed in the shopping cart.
3. Pay 10 days after placing the order
We will send you a 10 day invoice straight after you placed your order.