Athi Factory FW AB - Meru
- Origin: Kenya
- Variety: sl28, Ruiru 11
- Process type: Fully washed
- Algrano's cupping score (SCA): 85.0 points
- Available quantity: 12 bags
- Minimum order quantity (MOQ): 1 bag
- New crop samples are expected to be available by 16 Apr 2021
- Available for shipping from Apr, 2021 to May, 2021.
- ETA Bremen, Germany: August 2021
- Order now, pay later
- 31 days left to place your order
The coffee story
Coffee cherries are hand picked, sorted, soaked in tanks where unique methods of intermediate washing and soaking is done. The coffee is then dried on African drying beds until it achieves the proper moisture content.
1600m - 1850m
October, 2020 - June, 2021
Coffee Quality Evaluation
Cupped: March, 2021
|Key flavor notes||
AlgranoPlum, Red ripe fruit, Winey
Grower (Pending)Red fruit, plum, medium body, very smooth.
Vava Coffee is a Certified B-Corp with a social enterprise business model that has a network of coffee producers in different regions of East Africa.Vava coffee exports, roasts and consults on coffee value chains, the company aims to contribute to better future prospects for coffee communities and the industry as a whole. We are geared towards sustainable livelihoods for the people and communities we work with. Our vision is to challenge the status quo and promote positive social disruption within the Coffee industry.Located in the picturesque Kajiado county inhabited by the calm yet courageous Maasai community, we work in this atypical coffee growing region to influence and transform communities by providing economic empowerment opportunities using coffee - we do this through trade, education and capacity building with a sharp focus on elevating the opportunities for women and girls in these communities.
Once the ordering period ends we will consolidate all coffees in a shared container. During transport, your coffee is fully insured. We will keep you informed about the shipment status.
Upon arrival of the coffee at the warehouse, you can choose between 2 delivery modes:
- Doorstep delivery: We will take care of transport to your roastery. We will provide your coffee fully insured until it is ready for unloading from the truck at your roastery.
- EXW (ex. warehouse) means that we will provide the coffee ready for pick-up at the terminal of the warehouse. You are responsible for organising transport and insurance from the warehouse to your roastery.
Currently, we can deliver coffee anywhere in Europe, except Hungary. For all European buyers, the coffee will be provided custom cleared in any case. Roasters in Switzerland choosing EXW will be responsible for customs clearance.
When calculating price, you can select your preferred currency: USD, CHF, EUR, or GBP.
2 payment methods are accepted on Algrano:
1. Buy now, pay later
Pay your coffee after its delivered in Europe. This option generates an additional fee, displayed in the shopping cart.
3. Pay 10 days after placing the order
We will send you a 10 day invoice straight after you placed your order.