- Origin: Ethiopia
- Variety: Heirloom
- Process type: Natural/Sun Dried
- Algrano's cupping score (SCA): 87.0 points
- Available quantity: 0 bags
- New crop samples are expected to be available by 09 Jul 2021
- Available for shipping from Jun, 2021 to Aug, 2021.
- Order now, pay later
The coffee story
The red cherry is collected from the farmers and that will be spread on a raised bed for about 20 days. Once the appropriate moisture level is attained the coffee will be de-husked. Then the coffee will be moved to ADDIS ABABA where the final processing for export.
Single-farm & female Yirgacheffe coffee
Konga Coffee is an Ethiopian company and exporter working exclusively with coffees from the Yirgacheffe region. It is a startup company bringing a lot of experience to the table. Takele Mamo, the founder and manager, worked for 12 years as the General Manager at Yirgacheffe Coffee Farmers Cooperative Union (YCFCU), the third largest cooperative union in Ethiopia. As a farmer, Takele works closely with growers who deliver cherry to many washing stations in the region and can offer to roasters a wide selection of single farm coffees. various. Konga's objective is to supply specialty coffee directly from the farmers to high end roasters across the globe. The company has an office in Addis Ababa and a primary production site at the Konga micro-region, where the wet mill is and special natural preparation takes place. We are also planning to expand the coffee sourcing locations to other areas within Yirgacheffe type coffee.Translate
1880m - 2100m
November, 2020 - January, 2021
Average yearly production in bags
Coffee Quality Evaluation
Cupped: July, 2021
|Key flavor notes||
AlgranoFloral Jasmine, Apricot, Red berries, Floral, Red ripe fruit
AlgranoPerfect ambassador of Ethiopian coffee- bright, elegant, tea like and fruity, with medium citric acidity and lingering sweet finish.
Once the ordering period ends we will consolidate all coffees in a shared container. During transport, your coffee is fully insured. We will keep you informed about the shipment status.
Upon arrival of the coffee at the warehouse, you can choose between 2 delivery modes:
- Doorstep delivery: We will take care of transport to your roastery. We will provide your coffee fully insured until it is ready for unloading from the truck at your roastery.
- EXW (ex. warehouse) means that we will provide the coffee ready for pick-up at the terminal of the warehouse. You are responsible for organising transport and insurance from the warehouse to your roastery.
Currently, we can deliver coffee anywhere in Europe, except Hungary. For all European buyers, the coffee will be provided custom cleared in any case. Roasters in Switzerland choosing EXW will be responsible for customs clearance.
When calculating price, you can select your preferred currency: USD, CHF, EUR, or GBP.
2 payment methods are accepted on Algrano:
1. Buy now, pay later
Pay your coffee after its delivered in Europe. This option generates an additional fee, displayed in the shopping cart.
3. Pay 10 days after placing the order
We will send you a 10 day invoice straight after you placed your order.