- Origin: Ethiopia
- Variety: 74112
- Process type: Natural/Sun Dried
- Algrano's cupping score (SCA): 86.25 points
- Available quantity: 135 bags
- Minimum order quantity (MOQ): 50 bags
- Available for shipping from Mar, 2021 to Jun, 2021.
- ETA Bremen, Germany: October 2021
- Order now, pay later
- 33 days left to place your order
The coffee story
Cherries are collected from the coffee tree. Then they will be brought to a sorting table before they are taken to a raised bed where they are kept for an average of 20 days. By checking moisture level if it has attained 11.5% or less than the dried coffee will be taken to the warehouse. When the need comes it will be processed for shipment.
1900m - 2000m
October, 2020 - January, 2021
Coffee Quality Evaluation
Cupped: February, 2021
|Key flavor notes||
AlgranoTropical fruit, Red ripe fruit, Lavender, Floral, Rummy
AlgranoTropical and floral with lingering rummy aftertaste, medium coating body, and multilayered well-integrated acidity.
Konga Coffee is an Ethiopian company and exporter working exclusively with coffees from the Yirgacheffe region. It is a startup company bringing a lot of experience to the table. Takele Mamo, the founder and manager, worked for 12 years as the General Manager at Yirgacheffe Coffee Farmers Cooperative Union (YCFCU), the third largest cooperative union in Ethiopia. As a farmer, Takele works closely with growers who deliver cherry to many washing stations in the region and can offer to roasters a wide selection of single farm coffees. various. Konga's objective is to supply specialty coffee directly from the farmers to high end roasters across the globe. The company has an office in Addis Ababa and a primary production site at the Konga micro-region, where the wet mill is and special natural preparation takes place. We are also planning to expand the coffee sourcing locations to other areas within Yirgacheffe type coffee.
Once the ordering period ends we will consolidate all coffees in a shared container. During transport, your coffee is fully insured. We will keep you informed about the shipment status.
Upon arrival of the coffee at the warehouse, you can choose between 2 delivery modes:
- Doorstep delivery: We will take care of transport to your roastery. We will provide your coffee fully insured until it is ready for unloading from the truck at your roastery.
- EXW (ex. warehouse) means that we will provide the coffee ready for pick-up at the terminal of the warehouse. You are responsible for organising transport and insurance from the warehouse to your roastery.
Currently, we can deliver coffee anywhere in Europe, except Hungary. For all European buyers, the coffee will be provided custom cleared in any case. Roasters in Switzerland choosing EXW will be responsible for customs clearance.
When calculating price, you can select your preferred currency: USD, CHF, EUR, or GBP.
2 payment methods are accepted on Algrano:
1. Buy now, pay later
Pay your coffee after its delivered in Europe. This option generates an additional fee, displayed in the shopping cart.
3. Pay 10 days after placing the order
We will send you a 10 day invoice straight after you placed your order.