Bule Adado - Yirgacheffe Grade 1 Natural
- Origin: Ethiopia
- Variety: Kudhume, Welisho, Dego
- Process type: Natural/Sun Dried
- Algrano's cupping score (SCA): 87.75 points
- Available quantity: 98 bags
- Minimum order quantity (MOQ): 1 bag
- Available for shipping from Feb, 2021 to Feb, 2021.
- ETA Bremen, Germany: August 2021
- Order now, pay later
- 33 days left to place your order
The coffee story
Location: Daro kebele, in the border with Adado kebele and next to Aboole River, Bule District, Gedeo Zone, SNNPR national region
Manager: Abinet Members: 1273 smallholders, of which 204 are women
Seasonal staff: 185
Harvest season: October to February
Rainy season: June to Mid November
Adado is a primary cooperative part of Yirgacheffe Coffee Farmers Cooperative Union (YCFCU). Unions such as YCFCU were created with government support to help primary co-operatives to market and sell coffee. As a service provider, is in their interest and part of their MO to represent each individual washing station. Coffees from a union won’t have a generic label. They will always be traceable up to the kebele level. In a market where coffees from different areas are sometimes blended to fulfil contracts based on price points, YCFCU only exports coffee from the Gedeo zone. And, as they don’t own the coffee, they can’t blend lots from different washing stations unless all parts agree and state the mix transparently on the lot name.
All coffees are sorted by hand when brought in by farmers for weighing. The process usually starts at 5 pm and can continue until after dark. All naturals are sun-dried on raised beds and covered overnight and on the warmest hours of the day. The process can take up to 30 days until moisture levels average around 11%.
December, 2020 - December, 2020
Coffee Quality Evaluation
Cupped: January, 2021
Cupped: January, 2020
|Key flavor notes||
AlgranoBlueberry, Red ripe fruit, Violet, Strawberry, Vanilla, Jammy
AlgranoVery sweet and dense coffee with lingering aftertaste and interesting and intense flavour profile, sparkling, with syrupy body and supportive acidity. Yummy;)
Once the ordering period ends we will consolidate all coffees in a shared container. During transport, your coffee is fully insured. We will keep you informed about the shipment status.
Upon arrival of the coffee at the warehouse, you can choose between 2 delivery modes:
- Doorstep delivery: We will take care of transport to your roastery. We will provide your coffee fully insured until it is ready for unloading from the truck at your roastery.
- EXW (ex. warehouse) means that we will provide the coffee ready for pick-up at the terminal of the warehouse. You are responsible for organising transport and insurance from the warehouse to your roastery.
Currently, we can deliver coffee anywhere in Europe, except Hungary. For all European buyers, the coffee will be provided custom cleared in any case. Roasters in Switzerland choosing EXW will be responsible for customs clearance.
When calculating price, you can select your preferred currency: USD, CHF, EUR, or GBP.
2 payment methods are accepted on Algrano:
1. Buy now, pay later
Pay your coffee after its delivered in Europe. This option generates an additional fee, displayed in the shopping cart.
3. Pay 10 days after placing the order
We will send you a 10 day invoice straight after you placed your order.