Birbirsa Cooperative Jimma Grade 1 Natural
- Origin: Ethiopia
- Variety: Heirloom
- Process type: Natural/Sun Dried
- Algrano's cupping score (SCA): 88.25 points
- Available quantity: 107 bags
- Minimum order quantity (MOQ): 1 bag
- Available for shipping from Feb, 2021 to Feb, 2021.
- ETA Bremen, Germany: July 2021
- Order now, pay later
- 8 days left to place your order
The coffee story
Location: Jimma zone , Goma District , Beshasha kebele
Altitude: 2000 - 2100 m
Temperature: 11C - 24C
Birbirsa is a primary cooperative part of Kata Muduga Multi-purpose Farmer's Cooperative Union. The Union is based at Agaro town, 45 km from Jimma, the largest city in southwestern Oromia Region in Ethiopia, and 397 km from Addis Ababa, the capital of Ethiopia. Kata Muduga works with farmers from 5 rural districts in the Jimma zone: Goma, Gera, Gumai, Setema, and Sigimo. The general manager and representative of the Union is Asnake Nigat.
Kata Muguda represents and markets the coffees from Birbirsa following the price structure below:
Export expenses: 5%
Union commission: 5%
Payment to coop members: 70%
Cooperative expenses: 30% (of which 10% are used to invest in social projects)
2000m - 2100m
December, 2020 - December, 2020
Coffee Quality Evaluation
Cupped: January, 2021
Cupped: February, 2020
|Key flavor notes||
AlgranoFloral, Raspberry, Rummy, Pineapple, Red ripe fruit, Cacao nibs, Rose
AlgranoVery complex flavour profile, soft, elegant and sweet, bright acidity and velvety body.
Once the ordering period ends we will consolidate all coffees in a shared container. During transport, your coffee is fully insured. We will keep you informed about the shipment status.
Upon arrival of the coffee at the warehouse, you can choose between 2 delivery modes:
- Doorstep delivery: We will take care of transport to your roastery. We will provide your coffee fully insured until it is ready for unloading from the truck at your roastery.
- EXW (ex. warehouse) means that we will provide the coffee ready for pick-up at the terminal of the warehouse. You are responsible for organising transport and insurance from the warehouse to your roastery.
Currently, we can deliver coffee anywhere in Europe, except Hungary. For all European buyers, the coffee will be provided custom cleared in any case. Roasters in Switzerland choosing EXW will be responsible for customs clearance.
When calculating price, you can select your preferred currency: USD, CHF, EUR, or GBP.
2 payment methods are accepted on Algrano:
1. Buy now, pay later
Pay your coffee after its delivered in Europe. This option generates an additional fee, displayed in the shopping cart.
3. Pay 10 days after placing the order
We will send you a 10 day invoice straight after you placed your order.