Guji Natural Grade 4
- Origin: Ethiopia
- Variety: Heirloom
- Process type: Natural/Sun Dried
- Algrano's cupping score (SCA): 86.0 points
- Available quantity: 320 bags
- Minimum order quantity (MOQ): 10 bags
- Available for shipping from Mar, 2021 to Mar, 2021.
- ETA Bremen, Germany: July 2021
- Order now, pay later
- 6 days left to place your order
The coffee story
By vertical integration, Mebrahtu means the coffee is sourced directly from the washing stations and not purchased from the Ethiopian Coffee Exchange (ECX). "We prefinance the washing station owners and he agrees to supply us. If I was to get a good coffee at the ECX I wouldn't necessarily be able to do it again in the future. There is no transparency. For consistency, I must have an agreement directly with the washing station. I also have an agronomist there to help prepare the coffees," he explains.
"The farmers we work with have been working with us for a good time. Before the harvest, we train them and explain the standards of cherry collection for specialty coffee and the premiums that come with it. We have a quality supervisor at the washing stations looking into who is bringing good quality and who isn’t. Their job is really important! They know when someone mixes unripe cherries with the ripe ones. Up to 10% unripe is okay and we will sort them at a later stage, but if farmers bring more than that we know we might not work with them until they agree to the standards."
This Guji Grade 4 Natural designates, according to the ECX, a commercial grade from the Guji zone. It has nonetheless a very good cup quality and is suitable for blends and/or espresso preparations. Boledu sources this coffee from Yabito Tome washing station in the Uraga woreda and from Hambela Dimtu washing station in the Hambela woreda.
Guji Hambela Dimtu
Guji Uraga Yabito Tome
Location: Guji zone, Uraga woreda, Yabito Tome kebele
1950m - 2200m
December, 2020 - December, 2020
Coffee Quality Evaluation
Cupped: February, 2021
Cupped: January, 2021
|Key flavor notes||
AlgranoRed ripe fruit, Tropical fruit
Once the ordering period ends we will consolidate all coffees in a shared container. During transport, your coffee is fully insured. We will keep you informed about the shipment status.
Upon arrival of the coffee at the warehouse, you can choose between 2 delivery modes:
- Doorstep delivery: We will take care of transport to your roastery. We will provide your coffee fully insured until it is ready for unloading from the truck at your roastery.
- EXW (ex. warehouse) means that we will provide the coffee ready for pick-up at the terminal of the warehouse. You are responsible for organising transport and insurance from the warehouse to your roastery.
Currently, we can deliver coffee anywhere in Europe, except Hungary. For all European buyers, the coffee will be provided custom cleared in any case. Roasters in Switzerland choosing EXW will be responsible for customs clearance.
When calculating price, you can select your preferred currency: USD, CHF, EUR, or GBP.
2 payment methods are accepted on Algrano:
1. Buy now, pay later
Pay your coffee after its delivered in Europe. This option generates an additional fee, displayed in the shopping cart.
3. Pay 10 days after placing the order
We will send you a 10 day invoice straight after you placed your order.