BR-344 L-115 2x Fermented Natural Topázio
- Origin: Brazil
- Variety: Topázio
- Process type: Natural/Sun Dried
- Algrano's cupping score (SCA): 87.25 points
- Available quantity: 3 bags
- Minimum order quantity (MOQ): 1 bag
last updated on 2021-01-07
- ETA Bremen, Germany: May 2021
- Order now, pay later
- 42 days left to place your order
The coffee story
We grow coffee in Fazenda Estrela and Fazenda Recanto, two properties located at Serra do Salitre, in the Cerrado Mineiro region. Over the years we have become Rainforest Alliance, 4C and Ceritfica Minas certified and have adopted the best sustainability practices and respect for people and the environment. We are a family-run business and everyone in duty is absolutely passionate about coffee. We are also members of the Brazilian Specialty Coffee Association (BSCA).
My father Afonso took over when Seu Zico passed away, alongside my mother Marcélia. My father is in charge of the most arduous side of the business, the management of the farms. As we say it in Brazil, he is "carrying the piano". My mother is in charge of one of the most delicate sides of the business, the post-harvest of the micro-lots.
2019/2020 crop AWARDS
• 1st Pulped Natural
• 3rd Pulped Natural
• Cerrado Mineiro
• 2nd Pulped Natural
2018/2019 crop awards
• 5th Coffee of the Year Brasil
• 10th Coffee of the Year Brasil
• 13th Coffee of the Year Brasil
• 2nd Pulped Natural EMATER/MG
• 2nd Natural EMATER/MG
• 3rd Pulped Natural EMATER/MG
Previous crops awards
• 2017/2018 – 18th Pulped Natural Cerrado Mineiro
• 2016/2017 – 7th Pulped Natural Cerrado Mineiro
• 2016/2017 – 13th Pulped Natural Cerrado Mineiro
• 2015/2016 – 3rd Natural Cerrado Mineiro
• 2014/2015 – 3rd Pulped Natural EMATER/MG
• 2013/2014 – 10th Natural Cerrado Mineiro
This coffee comes from sector 3 of Fazenda Recanto. It was fermented for 96 hours inside a water tank: the first 48 hours without water and the following 48 hours with the addition of water (to help control the temperature). It was then centrifugated and taken to dry on the patio for 5 days.
980m - 2500m
Coffee Quality Evaluation
Cupped: September, 2020
Cupped: September, 2020
|Key flavor notes||Tropical fruit, Red ripe fruit, Jammy, Citrus fruit, Cacao nibs||-|
|Quality comment||Excellent cup profile with juicy sparkling acidity and coating body, lots of tropical fruit in the fragrance and fresh pineapple at the break. Dominating flavour of raspberry jam even in the lingering aftertaste.||-|
Once the ordering period ends we will consolidate all coffees in a shared container. During transport, your coffee is fully insured. We will keep you informed about the shipment status.
Upon arrival of the coffee at the warehouse, you can choose between 2 delivery modes:
- Doorstep delivery: We will take care of transport to your roastery. We will provide your coffee fully insured until it is ready for unloading from the truck at your roastery.
- EXW (ex. warehouse) means that we will provide the coffee ready for pick-up at the terminal of the warehouse. You are responsible for organising transport and insurance from the warehouse to your roastery.
Currently, we can deliver coffee anywhere in Europe, except Hungary. For all European buyers, the coffee will be provided custom cleared in any case. Roasters in Switzerland choosing EXW will be responsible for customs clearance.
When calculating price, you can select your preferred currency: USD, CHF, EUR, or GBP.
2 payment methods are accepted on Algrano:
1. Buy now, pay later
Pay your coffee after its delivered in Europe. This option generates an additional fee, displayed in the shopping cart.
3. Pay 10 days after placing the order
We will send you a 10 day invoice straight after you placed your order.