BR-337 Honey Coffee Farms - Alessandro Hervaz - Natural Blend
- Origin: Brazil
- Variety: mundo novo, catuai vermelho
- Process type: Natural/Sun Dried
- Grower's cupping score (SCA): 85.0 points
- Available quantity: 50 bags
- Minimum order quantity (MOQ): 1 bag
last updated about 7 hours ago
- ETA Bremen, Germany: April 2021
- Order now, pay later
- 1 day left to place your order
The coffee story
Alessandro Alves Hervaz is the man behind some of the highest-scoring lots in this #BrazilianDiscovery. He has worked with coffee from 16 years of age when his father, Luiz Hervaz Lobato, bought the first family farm in Mantiqueira de Minas in 1993. In 2006, alongside a group of farmers, he founded APAS (Associação dos Produtores do Alto da Serra) and acted as the association’s president for 7 years.
Today a seasoned farmer, Alessandro has a personal approach to post-harvest processing that has lead him to win awards and place amongst the 10 best in the two previous editions of Brazil’s Cup of Excellence - and maybe this year’s too. Results will be announced this coming Saturday. Harvest in Brazil hasn’t been easy this year. However Alessandro is making the most of it. He speaks openly and honestly about his journey in coffee, the challenges he faced, the harsh weather conditions and why he is investing in direct trade despite the financial risk.
Read more about Alessandro on this blog post: https://blog.algrano.com/meet-the-farmer-alessandro-hervaz-talks-about-the-brazilian-harvest-and-his-approach-to-naturals
1000m - 1520m
Coffee Quality Evaluation
Cupped: September, 2020
|Key flavor notes||-||Milk chocolate, Brown sugar, Full-bodied, Citric|
Once the ordering period ends we will consolidate all coffees in a shared container. During transport, your coffee is fully insured. We will keep you informed about the shipment status.
Upon arrival of the coffee at the warehouse, you can choose between 2 delivery modes:
- Doorstep delivery: We will take care of transport to your roastery. We will provide your coffee fully insured until it is ready for unloading from the truck at your roastery.
- EXW (ex. warehouse) means that we will provide the coffee ready for pick-up at the terminal of the warehouse. You are responsible for organising transport and insurance from the warehouse to your roastery.
Currently, we can deliver coffee anywhere in Europe, except Hungary. For all European buyers, the coffee will be provided custom cleared in any case. Roasters in Switzerland choosing EXW will be responsible for customs clearance.
When calculating price, you can select your preferred currency: USD, CHF, EUR, or GBP.
2 payment methods are accepted on Algrano:
1. Buy now, pay later
Pay your coffee after its delivered in Europe. This option generates an additional fee, displayed in the shopping cart.
3. Pay 10 days after placing the order
We will send you a 10 day invoice straight after you placed your order.