On site (Zurich, CH), 100%
Algrano is a Swiss tech and coffee startup that changes the global trade of coffee. We have set ourselves an ambitious goal: to revolutionize the centuries-old coffee trade industry and make it transparent and digital. Through the Algrano online platform, coffee growers promote and sell their coffees straight to roasters in Europe without worrying about the logistics. Awarded at our launch in 2015 as the best innovation by the European Coffee Industry Association, we currently count more than 1’000 growers and roasters from all over the world.
As a UX Researcher, you work at the beginning of the process of translating business needs and problems into scalable technical solutions. You are a facilitator, an investigator, and a fact checker; you reconcile, coordinate information gathering, and find gaps. You are in frequent direct contact with customers. You are part of the product team, and you collaborate closely with the product owner (Simon), with the engineers (Zmago, Pascal, Hassan, and Dan) and the designers (Eugenia and Jon).
Your main tasks will include:
- Create business analysis, outlining problems, opportunities and solutions.
- Gather inputs from internal and external stakeholders, as well as from your quantitative research and analysis, in order to identify and prioritize needs to be translated into simple solutions.
- Evaluate the following risks: value, usability, feasibility, and business viability.
- Define solution direction, and follow its implementation.
You have an analytical mind: you know how to break a problem into easily understandable pieces of information. You use your natural curiosity to guide your research and find solutions.
Additionally, your strength includes:
- Curiosity about people and problems: you want to learn about how users think, their goals, their tasks, and why they behave as they do.
- Friendliness: you like people, and they feel comfortable talking with you.
- Empathy: you truly understand people’s behavior, needs, and goals.
Your experience, background and skills:
- 2+ years as a UX Researcher, Business Analyst or similar role.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to tell stories with data, educate effectively, and instill confidence, motivating stakeholders to act on recommendations.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously to meet objectives and key deadlines.
- Strong organization, time management and task prioritization skills.
- Very good command of English (spoken and written).
- You are eligible for a working visa in Switzerland.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with data analysis tools and scripts
- Experience with Agile Methodologies.
Why work with Algrano?
- You are part of a diverse team made up of many cultural backgrounds and skills, united around a singular mission.
- We offer a flexible home office policy.
- For coworkers located in the Zürich office, we often get together for informal lunches, and - of course! - coffees.
- We’re dedicated, but know that you also have a life. That’s why we offer flexible working hours and 5 weeks of holidays.
- Our growth generates opportunities for ambitious team members looking for new challenges and responsibilities.
We are a company aiming to enhance diversity and inclusivity at all levels. For this reason, we encourage all those meeting the job requirements to apply, regardless of gender, nationality, or other demographic indicators.