Remote or On site (Zurich, CH), 100%
Algrano is a Swiss tech and coffee startup that changes the global trade of coffee. We have set ourselves an ambitious goal: to revolutionize the centuries-old coffee trade industry and make it transparent and digital. Through the Algrano online platform, coffee producers promote and sell their coffees straight to roasters in Europe without worrying about the logistics. Twice awarded at our launch in 2015 and recently in June 2022 as the best innovation by the European Coffee Industry Association, we currently count more than 1’000 sellers and roasters from all over the world. Backed by a strong investors' network our vision is to become the key direct coffee trading platform.
As an Operations Manager, you will handle the shipments of green specialty coffee from the producing countries to warehouses in Europe. Shipments will be split between you and Gert-Jan, Operations Manager. You will also closely collaborate with Ignacio, Logistics Officer, who organizes outbound deliveries from European warehouses to the roasters.
- Organization of shipments from coffee producing countries to warehouses across Europe: preparation of shipping instructions, monitoring of pre-shipment and arrival samples approvals, bookings, reception of shipping documents and troubleshooting
- Account management of warehouses in Europe: get and review quotes, monitor service quality, onboard new warehouses
- Certifications: verify conformity of contractual and shipping documents, conduct regular reporting, prepare and participate in audits for the main certifications (Organic, Fairtrade, RFA)
- Reviewing and approval of green coffee suppliers and service providers’ invoices
- Automation: contribute with insights to the continuous improvement of the Algrano tools for contract execution
You are a professional with experience in supply chain, ideally with knowledge of the coffee supply chain. You would like to further develop your career in the coffee industry and you are thrilled by the perspective of bringing coffee trade and contract execution to the next level thanks to digitalization and automation.
Additionally, your strengths include:
- Detail orientation & excellent organizational skills
- Pragmatic problem solver
- Outspoken and direct communicator
- Good performance under pressure
- Can do attitude: You are positive, you feel no challenge is insurmountable and you want to go the extra-mile to satisfy the customers.
Your experience, background, and skills:
- Bachelor or master’s degree or can show equivalent practical experience
- experience with global supply chain
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- You are eligible for a working visa in Switzerland
Bonus points for:
- Experience with coffee supply chain
- Experience with certifications
- Knowledge of Spanish and/or Portuguese
Why work for Algrano
- You will be part of a growing and talented team that is united around a mission.
- Our rapid growth generates opportunities for ambitious team members looking for new challenges and responsibilities.
- We are dedicated but offer flexible working hours, home office and 5 weeks of holidays.
- Amazing coffee for free, all day long.
- You will be part of a movement to change a centuries-old industry and empower coffee growers all over the world!