Algrano is a Swiss tech and coffee startup that changes the global trade of coffee. We have set ourselves an ambitious goal: to revolutionize the centuries-old coffee trade industry and make it transparent and digital. Through the algrano online platform, coffee growers promote and sell their coffees straight to roasters in Europe without worrying about the logistics. Awarded at our launch in 2015 as the best innovation by the European Coffee Industry Association, we currently count more than 1’000 growers and roasters from all over the world. Algrano is growing fast, currently, more than 20 employees from 11 nations are sharing the vision to become the key direct coffee trading platform.
As a Mediamatician, you will create and publish engaging multimedia visuals, including videos, photos, presentations, and flyers for print among others. You will collaborate with the sales team (targeting coffee roasters), with the sourcing team (targeting coffee growers), and with the product team. This is a full-time position located in our head-office in Zurich, Switzerland. Your tasks will include:
- Create and adapt visuals for digital and print.
- Work across different mediums, including our website, product, event collateral, email, social, and merchandise.
- Follow and join the conversation on social media platforms and actively engage with potential influencers in the industry.
- Media coverage of events and trips.
- Events planning and execution, ranging from single evening events in the office, to three days events at the largest coffee trade show of Europe.
- You’ll be the lead on all brand reviews ensuring that all communications internally as well as externally reflect our brand aesthetics and values.
You have a passion for design and creative work. You go the extra-mile to ensure a maximum impact. You are ambitious and you want to further develop your marketing skills in order to grow and increase your responsibilities. You are eager to travel in Europe (on average once every two month) and in coffee producing countries (once per year or more) to cover events, take pictures and videos.
Additionally, your strength includes:
- Telling complex stories in a simple way: you are empathetic, you can think out-of-the box, and you know how to choose the "One Thing" your audience should understand.
- Project management: You are structured, adaptable, and you do everything to achieve a goal after committing to it.
- Self-discipline and responsibility: you are instinctively fully responsible for your actions. You are able to ask for help, you are self-aware, you know your own strengths and weaknesses and work on both.
Your experience, background and skills:
- Apprenticeship of mediamaticien, or a background and experience in anything that involves multimedia content creation.
- You know what you want to achieve with content and you produce content that delivers on these goals.
- You have 2+ years of experience with Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, Premiere and you are passionate to enhance your skills and become a visual wizard.
- You’re hands-on, flexible, curious to do things you have never done before and able to learn fast.
- You have good english spoken and written skills (at least C1 according to the CEFR)
- You are eligible for a working visa in Switzerland.
Bonus points for:
- Experience in a communication agency
- Passion for specialty coffee
Why work for algrano
- You are part of a diverse team made of many cultural backgrounds and skills, united around a mission.
- For coworkers located in the Zürich office, we eat lunch together and, of course, drink frequent coffees together.
- We’re dedicated but know that you also have a life. That’s why we offer flexible working hours and 5 weeks of holidays.
- Our rapid growth generates opportunities for ambitious team members looking for new challenges and responsibilities