On site (Zurich, CH), 60-100%
Algrano is a Swiss tech and coffee startup with the mission to enable and support sustainable and human relationships between coffee growers and roasters across the world with the help of intuitive technology, outstanding service, and expert knowledge. Through the Algrano online platform, coffee growers promote and sell their coffees straight to roasters in Europe without worrying about the logistics. Algrano is growing fast.
As an Intern in the Marketing team, you will contribute to marketing and sourcing campaigns and projects. You will collaborate closely with Maria, our Marketing Manager, Luiza, our Sourcing Manager, and with the rest of the Algrano team. You will get a chance to explore the coffee industry and daily interact with content from growers and roasters from all over the world.
Your main tasks will include:
- Email and Social media campaigns management
- Website optimisation
- HubSpot workflows and automation hacks
- Preparing design briefs and working on design execution together with the designer and freelancers
- Promotion of Algrano campaigns across all channels
You are a student or a young professional passionate about coffee or impact startups and you would like to explore the coffee industry and boost your communication and marketing skills during a period of at least 6 months.
Additionally, your strength and interest include:
- Talent for storytelling and communication
- Passion for coffee or curiosity to learn about coffee
- Interest in marketing software and automation
- Eye for detail
- High reliability and sense of responsibility
- Creativity and desire to find new ways to engage our target audience
- Team player
Your experience, background, and skills:
- Basic knowledge in communication and good knowledge of social media
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
- You are eligible for a working visa in Switzerland
Bonus points for:
- Experiences in the coffee industry
- Experience with writing and/or storytelling projects
- Adobe Creative Suite basic knowledge
- Fluency in Spanish or Portuguese
- Good sense of humour :)
Why work for Algrano
- Be surrounded by a passionate and creative team: be part of a highly driven group of professionals working to build a better value chain for coffee.
- Experience working in a growing technology startup company.
- As a talented intern, you get the chance to seize new job opportunities generated by the company’s fast growth.
- You are part of a diverse team made of many cultural backgrounds and skills, united around a mission.
- We have a strong company culture: For coworkers located in the Zürich office, we eat lunch together and, of course, drink coffee, we organise cultural lunches, afterworks, and company events/retreats.
- You have unlimited access to the world’s best coffees in the office.
- It is a paid internship.
We kindly ask you to prepare a little test task and answer these questions in a separate document:
- Can you please draft an Instagram strategy to invite roasters to this event https://www.algrano.com/en/events/colombia-cupping. You don't need to prepare the actual posts, just explain to us what would you do and why (we will not use any of your work without asking you, we just want to understand how you would approach this task)
- Come up with an idea for a cool giveaway from Algrano to give to roasters at a tradeshow. Explain why you think it's a good one.
This task will help us a lot to find our matching Marketing Intern and for many people it's also a great way to immediately understand if they like the job.
We don't believe in cover letters. Instead, we prepared a set of questions that will help us to get to know you better. Get ready with your CV and your answers to the test task, you will have to upload it in the last step of the application form.
How to apply
We don't believe in cover letters, instead we prepared a set of questions that will help us to get to know you better. Get ready with your CV, you will have to upload it in the last step of the application form.Apply now