Algrano is a digital, transparent, and disruptive alternative to coffee trade. We set ourselves an ambitious goal: to re-imagine a centuries old industry. Our team of 14 from 9 nations are insurgent experts in software development, design thinking, coffee sourcing, quality assessment, supply chain management and data analytics. We are building an online ecosystem, where coffee growers and cooperatives promote and sell their coffees directly to roasters in Europe. Algrano orchestrates the services needed to bring the coffee from the seller to the buyer on time. Awarded at our launch in 2015 as the best innovation by the European Coffee Industry Association, we currently count more than 1’000 growers and roasters from all over the world. We are on a strong growth path and set to continue it. Backed by an investors' network our vision is to be the key direct coffee trading platform.
As a key account manager, you are in constant contact with medium to large-sized coffee roasters based in Europe. You build meaningful relationships between the roasters and cooperatives. You assess the roasters’ existing supply chain and consult them on how to optimize it in order to make their coffee buying operations more efficient. You will be part of a sales and marketing team of 6 people, and be involved with the product development and coffee sourcing departments. This is a full-time position requiring frequent trips between our head-office, in Zurich, and your customers in Europe.
Your main tasks will include:
- Develop and maintain sales plans which outline how targets will be met on an ongoing basis.
- Develop relationship with customers through phone calls, emails, trade shows and visits.
- Maintain a high level of relevant domain knowledge in order to have meaningful conversations with prospects.
- Provide feedback to the management on market trends and opportunities to enhance the product and improve the company brand and reputation.
You currently work in coffee exporting, importing or trading. You love coffee as much as numbers. You are curious and naturally inquisitive. You enjoy learning and reading. You are outgoing and open-minded. Your friends appreciate you for your optimism and your empathy. Furthermore you are:
- Conscientious: you take your tasks seriously and feel deeply responsible for the results.
- Achievement oriented: you are intrinsically motivated on achieving goals and continuously measure your performance in comparison to the goals.
- Persistent: You see opportunities in difficulties.
- Tech savvy: You wonder why routine tasks are still not automated in the coffee trading industry and can’t wait to test and share new tools developed by our team.
Your experience, background and skills include:
- Coffee trading: You have worked 5+ years in an origin operation or a coffee trading company and have a deep knowledge about the coffee market and the coffee supply chain.
- Financial acumen: You are capable of developing a sales plan that produces effective results.
- Sales experience: You have several years of experience in a sales or trading role and a proven track record in sales.
- Languages: You are proficient in English and fluent in at least one other language: French, German, Spanish
- Mobile: You are ready to travel within Europe and sometimes to origin countries. You have a driving license.
Why work for algrano
- You will be part of a growing and talented team that is united around a mission.
- Our rapid growth generates opportunities for ambitious team members looking for new challenges and responsibilities.
- We are dedicated but offer flexible working hours, home office and 5 weeks of holidays.
- Amazing coffee for free, all day long.
- You will be part of a movement to change a centuries-old industry and empower coffee growers all over the world!