Algrano is a Swiss tech and coffee startup with the mission to enable and support sustainable and human relationships between coffee growers and roasters across the world with the help of intuitive technology, outstanding service, and expert knowledge. Through the Algrano online platform, coffee growers promote and sell their coffees straight to roasters in Europe without worrying about the logistics. Algrano is growing fast, currently, more than 25 employees from 14 nations are sharing the vision to build a balanced coffee supply chain for a prosperous coffee industry.
As Junior Operations Officer, you will be the main responsible for the management of the releases of coffees from different warehouses in Europe. You will monitor the coffee inventories, coffee releases and you will organize the road transport to the customers. You will collaborate closely with the operations manager and support the rest of the sourcing & operations team with the shipments from overseas.
Your main tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor warehouse inventories and releases
- Request road transport quotes and organize road transport deliveries
- Freight quote requests and update on the Algrano platform
- Assist with the organisation of the shipments from origin to our warehouses
- Draft debit and credit notes for clients
- Check and approve the invoices from our suppliers
- Follow up on invoice status queries from logistics suppliers with our accounting team
- Support the sourcing team with the contracting of coffees
You are a young professional and you would like to pursue a career in coffee operations. You like looking for the best and most efficient solution to organize our transports. You enjoy monitoring our warehouse stocks, and making sure the right bag of coffee ends up on time at the right destination.
Additionally, your strengths include:
- Detail orientation & excellent organizational skills,
- Pragmatic problem solver,
- Outspoken and direct communicator,
- Good performance under pressure,
- Can do attitude: You are positive, you feel no challenge is insurmountable and you want to go the extra-mile to satisfy the customers.
Your experience, background, and skills:
- Bachelor or master’s degree or can show equivalent practical experience.
- First professional exposure to warehousing, road transport, or any other traffic position.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- You are eligible for a working visa in Switzerland.
Bonus points for:
- Passion for coffee or agricultural supply chains.
- Knowledge of German
Why work for Algrano
- You are part of a diverse team made of many cultural backgrounds and skills, united around a mission.
- We have a strong company culture: We eat lunch together and, of course, drink frequent coffee, we organise cultural lunches, afterworks and company events/retreats.
- We are dedicated but know that you also have a life. That’s why we offer flexible working hours, home office and 5 weeks of holidays.
- You have unlimited access to the world’s best coffees in the office
- Our rapid growth generates opportunities for ambitious team members looking for new challenges and responsibilities
- We participate and support further education/ training