Customer Support Manager
On site (Zurich, CH), 100%
Algrano is a Swiss tech and coffee startup with the mission to enable and support sustainable and human relationships between coffee growers and roasters across the world with the help of intuitive technology, outstanding service, and expert knowledge. Through the Algrano online platform, coffee growers promote and sell their coffees straight to roasters in Europe without worrying about the logistics. Algrano is growing fast, currently, more than 25 employees from 14 nations are sharing the vision to build a balanced coffee supply chain for a prosperous coffee industry.
As Customer Support Manager, you will be a facilitator for the sales team and ensure that internal operations are as smooth as possible. You will be involved with product, and coffee sourcing departments to provide the best solutions to our customers. By building relationships between roasters and growers, you change the supply chain of coffee and ultimately the living conditions of the people producing it.
Your main tasks will include:
Your main tasks will include:
- Support all departments with a strong focus on roasters across all of Europe
- Respond to urgent requests from roasters, like logistics and origin related questions: communicate about shipments and coffee availability from around the globe on, phone calls and emails
- Support sales managers: segment leads, track open deals, coordinate sample sending and be on top of upcoming buying decisions.
- Support sales and purchase contract creation and execution: Create offers and contracts; also any updates in contracts
- Coordinate activities and communication related to claims management.
- And then: Every day is unique at Algrano
You work independently, and take initiatives daily. You are detail-oriented, open-minded, and proactive. Your friends appreciate you for your optimism and your empathy. Additionally, your strengths include:
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills.
- Conscientious: you take your tasks seriously and feel deeply responsible for the results.
- You are highly service oriented
- Achievement oriented: you are intrinsically motivated in achieving goals.
- Persistent: You consider a No as another door opener.
- Technically competent and open for new ideas and changes.
- Confident speaking to anyone on the phone.
- Bring a big smile to the office :-)
Your experience, background and skills:
- Previous experience from customer service or client interaction.
- Passion for coffee is a must, SCA certification and wider coffee knowledge is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, in English (at least C1) and in German (at least C1). Any other language is a plus.
- Confident with cloud office software such as Google Docs.
- You live close to Zurich or are willing to relocate to Zurich, and therefore eligible for a working visa in Switzerland.
Why work for Algrano
- You are part of a diverse team made of many cultural backgrounds and skills, united around a mission.
- We have a strong company culture: We eat lunch together and, of course, drink frequent coffee, we organise cultural lunches, afterworks and company events/retreats.
- You have unlimited access to the world’s best coffees in the office
- Our rapid growth generates opportunities for ambitious team members looking for new challenges and responsibilities
- We participate and support further education/ training
How to apply
We don't believe in cover letters, instead we prepared a set of questions that will help us to get to know you better. Get ready with your CV, you will have to upload it in the last step of the application form.Apply now