HN-85-201912 Capucas Washed Blend
- Origin: Honduras
- Variety: Obatā, Caturra, Catuaí
- Process type: Fully washed
- Grower's cupping score (SCA): 84.0 points
last updated on 2021-02-24
Coffee Quality Evaluation
Cupped: February, 2020
|Key flavor notes||
Grower (Pending)This blend was created using cherries from multiple smallholders that deliver to Capucas, all located on the fringes of the Celaque National Park in the Copán region. Each blend is made of cherries picked and delivered to the co-operative on the same day. The cherries are mixed according to criteria such as altitude and certifications. Farm size ranges from 2.5 to 50 manzanas (1.75 to 35 hectares) and is usually divided into 2 or more parcelas or plots which are not always linked. Price of land is high (around USD 16.000 per manzana, some say), forcing farmers to grow their plots by buying parcelas in different places. After being separated, all cherries are loaded into ceramic tanks to ferment overnight. They are depulped in the following morning and fermented in water until the remaining mucilage loosens up from the beans. The coffee is then washed and taken to dry for up to 15 days on both patio and polytunnel.
Once the ordering period ends we will consolidate all coffees in a shared container. During transport, your coffee is fully insured. We will keep you informed about the shipment status.
Upon arrival of the coffee at the warehouse, you can choose between 2 delivery modes:
- Doorstep delivery: We will take care of transport to your roastery. We will provide your coffee fully insured until it is ready for unloading from the truck at your roastery.
- EXW (ex. warehouse) means that we will provide the coffee ready for pick-up at the terminal of the warehouse. You are responsible for organising transport and insurance from the warehouse to your roastery.
Currently, we can deliver coffee anywhere in Europe, except Hungary. For all European buyers, the coffee will be provided custom cleared in any case. Roasters in Switzerland choosing EXW will be responsible for customs clearance.
When calculating price, you can select your preferred currency: USD, CHF, EUR, or GBP.
2 payment methods are accepted on Algrano:
1. Buy now, pay later
Pay your coffee after its delivered in Europe. This option generates an additional fee, displayed in the shopping cart.
3. Pay 10 days after placing the order
We will send you a 10 day invoice straight after you placed your order.