Algrano is a Swiss tech and coffee startup that changes the global trade of coffee. We have set ourselves an ambitious goal: to revolutionize the centuries-old coffee trade industry and make it transparent and digital. Through the algrano online platform, coffee growers promote and sell their coffees straight to roasters in Europe without worrying about the logistics. Awarded at our launch in 2015 as the best innovation by the European Coffee Industry Association, we currently count more than 1’000 growers and roasters from all over the world. Backed by a strong investors' network our vision is to become the key direct coffee trading platform.
As Sourcing manager, you will be responsible for the coffee offers on Algrano. You evaluate and onboard new growers to Algrano and support existing growers in developing relationships with roasters. You will be travelling at least 20% of your time to the different coffee origins. You closely collaborate with the Marketing, Sales and Operations teams.
Your tasks will include:
- Manage coffee offers on algrano.com
You work with growers to plan and create an attractive portfolio of coffees on Algrano. You are responsible for the validity of the offers and provide support in the quoting process.
You are responsible for the contracting with the suppliers and support the logistics team to bring the coffee to FOB.
- Suppliers management
You evaluate the growers applying to Algrano, set up new supply chains and onboard new growers and evaluate the performance of existing growers.
- Promote growers and coffees
You train the sales and marketing team on the different origins and coffees and you contribute to the content creation for marketing use.
You are passionate about coffee, have worked several years in coffee sourcing, ideally including origin experience. You like to travel and want to further develop your career in the coffee trade.
Your strengths include:
- Hands on and pragmatic: you feel confident and are able to set up supply chains in remote areas in producing countries
- Well organized, self managed: you know how to prioritize your work in order to meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail: the offering and contracting processes with suppliers require precision and clarity on the terms.
- Communication: to liaise with growers, you have excellent interpersonal and intercultural skills and an engaging personality.
Your experience, background and skills:
- You have 3+ years of global sourcing experience, ideally in green coffee at origin or within an trading company
- You feel comfortable to work in English and Spanish (written and spoken)
- You are eligible to work in Switzerland, you hold a CH/EU/EFTA passport, or you hold a B or C residence permit.
Bonus points for:
- Knowledge of Portuguese
- Q-Grader certificate
Why work for algrano
- You will be part of a growing and talented team that is united around a mission.
- Our rapid growth generates opportunities for ambitious team members looking for new challenges and responsibilities.
- We are dedicated but offer flexible working hours, home office and 5 weeks of holidays.
- Amazing coffee for free, all day long.
- You will be part of a movement to change a centuries-old industry and empower coffee growers all over the world!