Algrano is a Swiss tech and coffee startup that changes the global trade of coffee. We have set ourselves an ambitious goal: to revolutionize the centuries-old coffee trade industry and make it transparent and digital. Through the algrano online platform, coffee growers promote and sell their coffees straight to roasters in Europe without worrying about the logistics. Awarded at our launch in 2015 as the best innovation by the European Coffee Industry Association, we currently count more than 1’000 growers and roasters from all over the world. Backed by a strong investors' network our vision is to become the key direct coffee trading platform.
As a Product Marketing Manager, you make sure the benefits of using algrano are clearly communicated to growers and roasters. You play an essential role in product discovery and go-to market. You own the conversion and retention indicators. You make sure they are increasing by running targeted campaigns and by influencing the product roadmap. You will collaborate closely with the product team as well as with the content manager.
Your main tasks will include:
- Define and execute online and offline product marketing strategies and campaigns in collaboration with the product team. You report directly to the management.
- You specify and structure the content for the different pages of algrano.com (landing pages, products pages, FAQ, how to videos), and plan and contribute to its production and publication.
- In collaboration with the sales and sourcing teams, you are responsible for the production of the marketing material (presentations, flyers, leaflets, videos, ...) to facilitate the recruitment and onboarding of new roasters and growers.
- You own the automated communication flows between algrano and the users as well as between growers and roasters.
- You communicate the roll out of new features internally and externally. You train sourcing and sales teams on the new tools.
- Deeply engage with the different sales channels and know their capabilities, limitations, and current competitive issues.
You are a strategic thinker, you know how to think logically and how to apply marketing theory to many different problems, including competitive positioning. You have a passion for solving customer problems, you have empathy and you understand the pains the customers feel.
Additionally, your strength includes:
- Collaborative skills: You enjoy collaborating with various departments, such as sales, product management, engineering, and management.
- Communication skills: Your ability to speak and write to a high standard is crucial. You will frequently have to present new products and write engaging copy, telling the ‘story’ of products, for various marketing channels.
- Can do attitude: You are positive, you feel no challenge is insurmountable and you want to go the extra-mile to satisfy your customers.
- Affinity for quantitative evaluation: you love to measure the impact of strategies with data and adapt the strategy accordingly.
Your experience, background, and skills:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of experience in marketing (e.g., product management, implementation and management of online marketing strategy)
- Experience delivering successful online campaigns.
- Experience managing customer studies to gather insights and using insights to inform strategy.
- Ability to think strategically about complex issues, leading to thoughtful recommendations, action plans, and campaigns to impact growth.
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
- You are eligible for a working visa in Switzerland.
Bonus point for:
- Passion for specialty coffee
Why work for algrano
- You are part of a diverse team made of many cultural backgrounds and skills, united around a mission.
- For coworkers located in the Zürich office, we eat lunch together and, of course, drink frequent coffees together.
- We’re dedicated but know that you also have a life. That’s why we offer flexible working hours and 5 weeks of holidays.
- Our rapid growth generates opportunities for ambitious team members looking for new challenges and responsibilities