Algrano is a Swiss tech and coffee startup that changes the global trade of coffee. We have set ourselves an ambitious goal: to revolutionize the centuries-old coffee trade industry and make it transparent and digital. Through the Algrano online platform, coffee growers promote and sell their coffees straight to roasters in Europe without worrying about the logistics. Awarded at our launch in 2015 as the best innovation by the European Coffee Industry Association, we currently count more than 1’000 growers and roasters from all over the world. Backed by a strong investors' network our vision is to become the key direct coffee trading platform.
As an Intern in Logistics & Operations, you will be the main responsible for the management of the releases of coffees that arrived in our warehouses in Europe. You will monitor the coffee inventories, coffee releases and you will organize the road transport to the customers. You will collaborate closely with Gert-Jan and support the rest of the sourcing & operations team with the shipments from overseas.
Your main tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor warehouse inventories and releases,
- Request road transport quotes and organize road transport deliveries,
- Freight quote requests and update on the algrano platform,
- Assist with the organisation of the shipments from origin to our warehouses,
- Support the sourcing team with contracting our coffees,
- Draft debit and credit notes for clients,
- Check and approve the invoices from our suppliers,
- Follow up on invoice status queries from logistics suppliers with our accounting team.
You are a student or a young professional and you would like to explore the coffee industry during a period of at least 6 months.
Additionally, your strengths include:
- Detail orientation & excellent organisational skills,
- Pragmatic problem solver,
- Outspoken and direct communicator,
- Good performance under pressure,
- Can do attitude: You are positive, you feel no challenge is insurmountable and you want to go the extra-mile to satisfy the customers.
Your experience, background, and skills:
- Enrolled in a bachelor or master’s degree or can show equivalent practical experience,
- Fluent in English (spoken and written),
- You are eligible for a working visa in Switzerland.
Bonus points for:
- Passion for specialty coffee or agricultural supply chains.
Why do an internship at Algrano?
- Get first hand working experience in a growing technology startup company.
- Learn about the specialty coffee industry in general and the operational part of the coffee supply chain in particular
- As a talented intern, you get the chance to seize new job opportunities generated by the company’s fast growth.
- You are part of a small but diverse team made of many cultural backgrounds and skills, united around a mission.
- Coworkers located in the Zürich office eat lunch together and, of course, drink frequent coffees together
- This is a paid internship