algrano is a Swiss tech and coffee startup that changes the global trade of coffee. We have set ourselves an ambitious goal: to revolutionise the centuries-old coffee trade industry and make it transparent and digital. Through the algrano online platform, coffee growers promote and sell their coffees straight to roasters in Europe without worrying about the logistics. Awarded at our launch in 2015 as the best innovation by the European Coffee Industry Association, we currently count more than 1’000 growers and roasters from all over the world. Backed by a strong investors' network our vision is to become the key direct coffee trading platform.
In our team of 20 people, you will have a split role focusing on data and financials. You are reporting directly to the CEO and co-founder.
As head of data (60%), you are building a new department at Algrano. As the owner of Algrano’s data, you build a business intelligence hub that proposes meaningful analyses to internal and external users. You support Algrano in its pricing approach and risk analyses, you build a smarter product based on customer insight and develop algorithms for new data-based products in close collaboration with the development team for our customers.
As head of finance (40%) you are on top of Algrano’s key financial and business indicators. You are reporting directly to the board of directors. Your tasks will include:
- Oversee and execute the communication between Algrano’s external accounting company and internal systems.
- Establish and manage currency hedging strategies and oversee coffee hedging accounts.
- Manage and improve internal financial processes, like approval, budgeting, expense reporting.
- Develop and maintain meaningful reports for the management, the board and the shareholders.
- Ownership of platform data and automated controlling strategies
- Establish, own and execute due diligence processes for customers.
- Lead the company’s communication towards investors, lenders, banks and shareholders: You closely follow capital increases, negotiations on trade finance lines and have ownership of the company’s legal backbone: shareholder agreement, share grant plans, etc.
You have worked in a tech company and built scalable data products from scratch, leading to increased customer retention and higher revenues. You master program languages, ideally Python. In your daily routines, you built meaningful reports in or aggregating data from: Abacus, Hubspot and Tableau.
In an earlier role, you have had exposure in investors’ relations and have guided the company through due diligence. You are on top of the monthly figures. You are obsessed about identifying the important corporate and financial risks, and to build a controlling system around them. You have assessed credit risk and developed strategies to mitigate it. In a trading environment (ideally front office in a commodity trading company) you have developed pricing strategies for new products and hedging strategies for currencies. You feel comfortable to answer all questions regarding the company’s accounting policies.
- You hold a MSc in quantitative finance or a MSc in software development and a CFA in finance (or comparable).
- You are a native English speaker or are fluent in English
Why work for algrano
- You will be part of a growing and talented team that is united around a mission.
- Our rapid growth generates opportunities for ambitious team members looking for new challenges and responsibilities.
- We are dedicated but offer flexible working hours, home office and 5 weeks of holidays.
- Amazing coffee for free, all day long.
- You will be part of a movement to change a centuries-old industry and empower coffee growers all over the world!