Algrano is a Swiss tech and coffee startup that changes the global trade of coffee. We have set ourselves an ambitious goal: to revolutionize the centuries-old coffee trade industry and make it transparent and digital. Through the Algrano online platform, coffee growers promote and sell their coffees straight to roasters in Europe without worrying about the logistics. Awarded at our launch in 2015 as the best innovation by the European Coffee Industry Association, we currently count more than 1’000 growers and roasters from all over the world. Backed by a strong investors' network our vision is to become the key direct coffee trading platform.
As a marketing graphic designer, you ensure cross channel consistency in design and develop on-brand creative that drives both brand awareness and sales.
You will work closely with the Head of Marketing and Brand and collaborate with the sales team (targeting coffee roasters), with the sourcing team (targeting coffee growers), and with the product team. This is an 80% position located in our head-office in Zurich, Switzerland. Your tasks will include:
- Drive and deliver creative, effective design for campaigns
- Website design (in collaboration with a UX designer)
- Design digital collateral (e.g. digital display advertising, social media assets and other online assets)
- Create materials for events, conferences and ad hoc projects
- Prepare materials for print (flyers, booklets, etc.)
- Design infographics and ebooks
- Ensure brand consistency and develop our identity further.
- Create and adapt visuals for digital and print.
- Do designs for creative merchandise
- We are also increasing our content creation with customer videos and creative assets for our social media, all of which require additional filming, recording and editing skills.
You have a passion for design and creative work. You go the extra-mile to ensure a maximum impact. You are ambitious and you want to further develop your marketing design skills in order to grow and increase your responsibilities. We don’t expect to hire a person who knows it all but the person who is open to try new things and willing to learn and experiment with different design techniques in order to engage our customers with our brand and product.
Additionally, your strength includes:
- Project management: You are structured, adaptable, and you do everything to achieve a goal after committing to it.
- Self-discipline and responsibility: you are instinctively fully responsible for your actions. You are able to ask for help, you are self-aware, you know your own strengths and weaknesses and work on both.
Your experience, background and skills:
- A great eye for design and attention to detail
- You have 2+ years of experience in graphic design
- Confident in using Adobe CS Cloud design package, including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Premiere Pro. Experience with motion graphics is a huge advantage.
- You’re hands-on, flexible, curious to do things you have never done before and able to learn fast.
- Fluency in English
- You are eligible to work in Switzerland
Bonus points for:
- Experience in a creative agency
- Passion for specialty coffee
- Passion for startup culture
Why work for Algrano
- You will be part of a growing and talented team that is united around a mission.
- Our rapid growth generates opportunities for ambitious team members looking for new challenges and responsibilities.
- We are dedicated but offer flexible working hours, home office and 5 weeks of holidays.
- Amazing coffee for free, all day long.
- You will be part of a movement to change a centuries-old industry and empower coffee growers all over the world!
Instead of a standard cover letter please tell us what are you favourite brands and why. What inspires you as a designer? And how do you like your coffee?