Algrano is a Swiss tech and coffee startup that changes the global trade of coffee. We have set ourselves an ambitious goal: to revolutionise the centuries-old coffee trade industry and make it transparent and digital. Through the algrano online platform, coffee growers promote and sell their coffees straight to roasters in Europe without worrying about the logistics. Awarded at our launch in 2015 as the best innovation by the European Coffee Industry Association, we currently count more than 1’000 growers and roasters from all over the world. Backed by a strong investors' network our vision is to become the key direct coffee trading platform.
As a Business Analyst, you work at the beginning of the process of translating business needs in the coffee trading industry into scalable technical solutions. You are a facilitator, an investigator, and a fact checker; you reconcile, coordinate information gathering, and find gaps. You will work on various products targeting specialty coffee roasters, industrial roasters, as well as coffee producers in Latin America or other producing countries. You are part of the product team, and you collaborate closely with the product owner (Jovana) for the solution definitions, with the service designer (Laura) for the research, and with the developers (Fabio, Zmago, and Piotr).
Your main tasks will include:
- Create detailed business analysis, outlining problems, opportunities and solutions
- Document status quo of processes and methodologies
- Gather inputs form internal and external stakeholders as well as from your quantitative research and analysis in order to identify and prioritize needs to be translated into technological solutions
- Evaluate the following risks: value, usability, feasibility, and business viability
- Write scope and functional requirements specifications
You have an analytical mind: you know how to break a problem into easily understandable pieces of information. You use your intuition and logic to guide your research and find solutions.
Additionally, your strength includes:
- You are inquisitive: you are always thinking “What, why, how, where, when, who”
- Strategic thinker: you question the value of your work and ensure your efforts relate to the strategic goals of the organisation.
- Communicator: you know that effective communication isn’t an option, it’s a necessity.
Your experience, background and skills:
- Education in Engineering, Business or Information Technology
- 2+ years as a proven business analyst
- Excellent problem solving skills and end to end quantitative thinking
- Ability to tell stories with data, educate effectively, and instill confidence, motivating stakeholders to act on recommendations
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously to meet objectives and key deadlines
- Strong organization, time management and task prioritization skills
- Very good command of English (spoken and written)
- You are eligible for a working visa in Switzerland.
Bonus points for:
- Experience in the soft commodities trading industry, ideally coffee
- Experience with data analysis tools and scripts (Tableau, SQL, Python, etc.)
- Experience with Agile Methodologies
Why work for algrano
- You are part of a diverse team made of many cultural backgrounds and skills, united around a mission.
- For coworkers located in the Zürich office, we eat lunch together and, of course, drink frequent coffees together.
- We’re dedicated but know that you also have a life. That’s why we offer flexible working hours and 5 weeks of holidays.
- Our rapid growth generates opportunities for ambitious team members looking for new challenges and responsibilities