Sales Executive, Germany
Remote - Germany, 60-100%
By enabling relationships between roasters and growers, you change the supply chain of coffee and ultimately the living conditions of the people producing it.
You will be part of a sales team of 7 people and be involved with product, marketing, logistics and coffee sourcing departments to provide the best solutions to your customers. This is a full-time position, but we would also consider someone looking for a part time role. There will be frequent trips which could be for multiple days and often alone.
Your daily tasks include:
- Drive the entire sales cycle from initial customer engagement to closed sales and after sales support
- Interact with customers through visits, phone calls, emails, trade shows, whatsapp, Instagram.....
- Train roasters how to use the Algrano marketplace and advise roasters on producers who fit their company values and on current offerings that would fit their menu.
- Develop and maintain territory plans which outline how sales targets will be met on an ongoing basis.
- Nurture public relations and relationships with national industry organisations, media and strategic partners.
- Maintain a high level of relevant industry knowledge in order to have meaningful conversations with both roasters and producers.
- Provide feedback internally to all departments on market trends and opportunities to enhance the marketplace and improve the company brand and reputation.
- Conscientious: you take your tasks seriously and feel deeply responsible for the results
- Ambitious: you embrace ambitious goals and want to grow with the company
- Achievement-oriented: you are intrinsically motivated on achieving goals and continuously measure your performance in comparison to the goals
- Persistent: You consider a No as another door opener
- A Swiss army knife: you are versatile and grow into new challenges and adapt to new situations.
- Ready for change: you agree that the industry is lacking technology and transparency and you are intrinsically motivated to change that.
- Independent: you are used to working on your own, maybe in your home office or a shared office space or on the road.
- Early bird: getting up early is in your DNA.
- Technology proficient: You already use a range of apps and technology and open to start using new ones.
- Positive and outgoing - you see the best in everyone, happy to start a conversation with a stranger and are always respectful in all situations.
- Language skills: You are a native German speaker with a high level of both written and spoken English. Any other language is a plus.
- Coffee: You have worked a minimum of 2 years in the coffee world. This could be green coffee buying or grading, or it could be training or roasting.
- Network: You have a strong network in the coffee industry and are based in Germany with a knowledge of the local roasters.
- Financial acumen: You are capable of developing a sales plan that produces effective results.
- Sales experience: You have either a proven track record in sales, an entrepreneurial background or a very high level of customer service experience.
- People focused: You have at least 3 years experience talking to customers directly, either face to face or over the phone.
- CRM: you are an experienced user of CRM software. (We use Hubspot, but any previous CRM experience is a good base)
- Mobile: You are ready to travel over all of Germany, as well as from time to time to Zurich, with the potential to also travel to origin countries. A driving license would therefore be an advantage.
Why work for Algrano
- You will be part of a growing and talented team that is united around a mission.
- Our rapid growth generates opportunities for ambitious team members looking for new challenges and responsibilities.
- We are dedicated but offer flexible working hours, home office and 5 weeks of holidays.
- You like to travel and we will have at least 3 Algrano Weeks in our Zurich HQ every year, regular paid travel around Germany and also further around Europe to Events with potential for origin trips as they come up.
- You will be part of a movement to change a centuries-old industry and empower coffee growers all over the world!
How to apply
We don't believe in cover letters, instead we prepared a set of questions that will help us to get to know you better. Get ready with your CV, you will have to upload it in the last step of the application form and some of the answers may include detail from your CV.Apply now